As mentioned previously, student clubs and other organizations have been a part of campus life since PTC’s inception. The Omega Chi chapter of Phi Theta Kappa was chartered on December 3, 1973, and its members have contributed greatly to the college in many ways.
Founded in 1918, Phi Theta Kappa is the premier international honor society for two-year college students. Throughout the years, many PTC members have received scholarships from the organization which enabled them to continue their education at four-year colleges and universities.
Omega Chi has frequently reached five-star status as a chapter because of community service work and participation in honors projects, and its members have received awards and prestigious scholarships for their hard work on behalf of the group.